Thursday, September 25, 2008

Fun Filled Weekend

Thursday we took the opportunity to visit Great Grandma Madge and Uncle Auggie. The boys had so much fun. Koyer really enjoyed sitting, laughing and talking to grandma. Kaleb colored and snacked.



Friday the boys and I went to grandma and grandpa's house. My mom and Ainsleigh were home preparing for all our Friday Fun. Kyla and Josh flew down. It was nice to have the WHOLE family together for dinner...we even had the Elders there to join in our craziness. For those that know us well...we love our FOOD. We had chicken enchiladas, Spanish rice, beans and of course fried ice cream. YUMMO!



Sat-ur-day is a spec-ial day...sing along if you like. My dad made delicious omelets. They are usually a Christmas morning tradition but we will be at Disneyland...I so can't wait! Even though mine was ham less (I get extra next time, right dad?!) it was still great. My mom, Kirsten and I went and got our CRAFT on after breakfast. Following crafting, what better thing to do then shop. We had a BBQ at the Fater's house...cheeseburgers, tots, beans and chocolate cake. Highlights: watching the gang compete in the Olympics on the Wii and the kids taking turns learning how to drive my old dream car. We had to do some grocery shopping and then the Mittons came over to play the Wii. Kyla helped me with my 1/2 birthday cake for Koyer.



Sunday was a special day. We finally had Koyer blessed. What a joy to share such a special moment with family. Justin was also set a part for his new calling, Ward Clerk Assistant. We took family pictures and spent the rest of the day here at the Johnson's. We made ham, funeral potatoes and asparagus. I attempted to make these cupcake bites I found on another awesome blog, but it didn't turn out like I had wanted. Tasted good, but not what I envisioned. We did sing Koyer Happy Half Birthday and ate the half "party" cake Kyla and I made. I made it mostly because I like the frosting. It was a weekend filled with Fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun you guys! Congratulations on Koyer's baby blessing!

Justin, that's cool that you're the Ward Clerk Assistant.

Hope to see you soon.